Monday, January 27, 2014
Sunday, January 26, 2014
We had friends visit and decided to take a trip to Mui Ne and Phan Thiet which are resort towns. Activities included lots of sea food (the usual stuff like: crocodile, ray, shark) and trips to the White Sand Dunes, Red Sand Dunes, Fairy Springs. We really enjoyed our trip to Fairy Springs where you take off your shoes and walk up a small creak of soft mud until you reach the springs where water is coming out of a red mud mountain. We also took time to go swimming in the ocean. Enjoy the pictures.
Friday, January 3, 2014
Our first adventure outside Ho Chi Minh City: We decided to head out with some friends to the Can Gio Mangrove Forest. Here is what we did:
- Started at Ben Thanh Market in District One
- Took Bus 20 to a Ferry to Can Gio
- Took Bus 90 until we reached Monkey Island
- Saw a bunch of Monkeys keen on stealing peoples food
- Payed 20,000 Vietnamese Dong ($1) to feed some Crocodiles
- Headed to the Beach
- Relaxed in a hammock
- Bought Fresh (read live) seafood which they cooked for us on the spot
- Headed Home
How much did this all cost you ask. $7.46 per person.
Enjoy the Pictures and Video.
Feeding the Crocodiles Slow Motion Video